Tuesday 30 December 2014

Christmas Tag

I'm sorry for my long absence.  Life seems to be getting in the way recently.

I wanted to share some pictures of one of the Christmas tags that I made this year.  I was quite pleased with the way it turned out and the people who received parcels with one of these tags were delighted with them.


I used a Sizzix framelit to cut the tag base and then hand trimmed some patterned paper for the background layer.  I cut the white wicker basket from a piece of 110 lb Neenah Solar White cardstock using a Marianne Design Craftable - Basket and Blooms.  I hand cut a Neenah Desert Storm background for the basket to fill in the gaps in the wicker.  I die cut the poinsettias using Simon Says Stamp's Poinsettia Parade and arranged them so that they looked as though they were filling the basket.  I filled the centres of the flowers with tiny golden seed beads.  The bow was tied with some narrow gold wired ribbon.  I attached the finished basket to the tag using a double layer of mounting tape under the lower portion and a couple of rolled glue dots under the handle.  The sentiment was stamped with an Impression Obsession rubber stamp using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black.  Here is a close up showing the dimension of the tag.


I am entering this tag in the "Anything Goes" Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year full of happiness, good health and prosperity.

Until next time,


2 comments:

  1. gorgeous tag!! your dog is beautiful too...those eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Carol! this is a stunning tag, I soooo luv the red poinsettia pop against the teal blue/green...lovely! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! may your 2015 be filled with lots of glimmer and happiness!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.