Monday 25 August 2014

Wetlands

I recently purchased the "Wetlands" set from Stampin' Up.  I just love it!  When I first saw this set, my son had just been involved in a study of the Piping Plovers that have returned to nest at Wasaga Beach.  This species had been extirpated from the Great Lakes area for over 70 years, so there was a lot of environmental excitement when they successfully nested in the area.  The little sand pipers in the Wetlands set reminded me of them.  The set contains some terrific sentiments as well as a wonderful Canada Goose, the sand pipers, and a very versatile grass stamp.  My love of watercolours continues, so I created a watercoloured background before stamping on the goose and grass.  The sand pipers were a perfect accent on the envelope.


I double matted the finished watercolour piece, first with black and then with a craft coloured piece of cardstock.  I trimmed the mat with my hand held Purple Cow mouse, using the deckled edge blade.  Next I burnished the edges of the cardstock with some bronze metallic ink.   I mounted everything on a black card base.  I used some natural jute twine from May Arts to tie a multi-strand simple knotted embellishment.

Until next time,



2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.