Friday 8 August 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 - Day 1

As you know, I'm in love with Online Card Classes.  I'm currently participating in a new class called, "Stretch Your Stamps 2" and I'm having a great time.  There are tons of terrific ideas.  Here is a card that I tried after watching Shari Carroll's wonderful video.


I created the card using a Hero Arts background stamp called "Large Fabric Design".  I applied random blotches of Distress Inks to my craft mat and gently squished the stamp into the ink.  Next I sprayed the stamp with Sheer Shimmer Spritz and stamped the image on Strathmore 140 lb watercolour paper. When the ink had dried, I cut the watercolour paper into 1 inch squares.  In order to give the squares more definition, I inked the edges with some Dark Moss Colorbox Chalk Ink.  I mounted the squares on a panel of Neenah white cardstock.  I added a bow made from some seam binding ribbon which I had died with Vintage Photo ink and scrunched before allowing it to dry.  I glued several die cut "hello" pieces together, which were cut from watercolour paper and a dark brown piece to form a shadow effect.  I finally mounted the panel on some Candy Necklace Bazzill cardstock.  As a finishing touch, I painted a few woodcut butterflies with some Distress Stain Picket Fence and mounted them on the card.  I was pleased with the finished result - hope you like it too!

Until next time,


1 comment:

  1. This is just beautiful. So much love went into this card. Your stamping techniques made this one awesome card.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.