Thursday 3 October 2013

Happy Hallowe'en

I got a head start on Happy Hallowe'en cards this year.  Here are a couple of cards that I made using digital stamps from Mo Manning.  The first card features the digital image called "Old House".  I think it makes the perfect Haunted house for Hallowe'en.  I made 2 copies of the image on Neenah Solar White cardstock.  I find that if I heat set the ink it doesn't smear when I colour it with Copic markers.  I fussy cut one of the images, using the whole house.  I then cut out a second image, but only cut the lower parts of the house.  I very carefully cut out the edges of the front porch so that the background of the card could be seen through the posts.  I coloured both pieces using Copic markers.  I created the night background by stamping navy cardstock with the "Tiny Star Background" from Hero Arts and embossing it with silver embossing powder.  I mounted the background on a layer of orange, then black cardstock and finally onto a purple card base.  I attached the two house layers using dimensional tape to give a 3D effect.  I mounted 3 tiny black bats that I cut using the Memory Box die "A Bunch of Bats".   As a finishing touch, I coated the windows with Ranger's Glossy Accents to give the impression of glass.  I am entering this card in Mo's Digital Challenge.  This week's challenge is "H is for . . . "  and obviously, my H is for Haunted House.


Here is a close up view of the detail:


 Here is a second card that I made using another Mo Manning digital stamp entitled, "Teen Witch".  I also coloured it using Copic markers and mounted it using several layers of cardstock.  As a final finishing touch, I added dimension to the spiders by adding dots of Ranger's Black Enamel Accents.



Until next time,


2 comments:

  1. Such a cool card - the house with the dark sky and stars is jus perfect for Halloween! Great job.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Mo's Digital Pencil this week!

    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards, Carol. And your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.