Monday 21 October 2013

Die-namics Poinsettia

I just love making Christmas cards.  I like to get started early so that I can produce lots of cards in many different designs before I need to start sending them out in the mail.  I recently bought the Die-namics Poinsettia set of wafer thin dies.  I used the set to make a couple of Christmas cards - my first two this year.  The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week is for Christmas or Happy Holiday cards, so I'll be adding these to their challenge.

I've always had a passion for interactive or special fold cards.  I haven't made a Triple Fold card in a long time, so decided to use a small poinsettia cut with the die set on the front of this one:



I used Queen's Gold embossing powder to make the tiny tag on the front of the card, but stamped the inner greeting with Jet Black Archival Ink.  I used a combination of 12x12 and 6x6 papers from the "Winter Wonderland" collection from My Mind's Eye to create the patterned panels on the card.  I love using different papers from the same collection because they're guaranteed to look great together.  The sentiments used on both cards also come from the "Winter Wonderland" collection.  I used some small pieces of red mirrored foil to embellish the front and back panels of the card.

My second card was made with the same poinsettia die set.  I manipulated the flower pieces with my fingers to create a 3 dimensional effect, gluing each layer and then attaching it with dimensional tape.  I chose to place the large finished poinsettia on a Neenah Solar White background which I embossed using a new embossing folder that I bought at the Muskoka Craft House last week.  They have such an amazing selection of embossing folders in stock at their shop - I felt like a little kid let loose in a candy store!  It was certainly difficult to make a choice.  If you live near Barrie in Ontario, you really should drop into John and Betty-Jean's wonderful store.  I'm sure you'll find all kinds of treasures to suit your crafting needs.  You can also visit their online store by clicking on the link above.  The folder that I finally decided to buy is a gorgeous holly background called, "Champagne and Holly" made by Couture Creations from the Wrapped in Joy Collection.  The picture really doesn't do justice in showing how lovely this background looks in real life.


I can't wait to make more Christmas cards.

Until next time,




2 comments:

  1. You are indeed getting me into the Christmas spirit!

    Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.