Friday 26 July 2013

Summer Fun

I recently made these cards to teach at a class for the Georgian Bay Cancer Support Centre.  I really enjoy working with the group of ladies (and sometimes guys) at the centre.  Being a cancer survivor myself helps me to understand the kind of challenges these wonderful people are having to deal with and hopefully I can offer some hope as a 13 year survivor.  I really like to make cards that bring a little fun to the table and these two really fit that bill.

When I saw that the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week was "Summer Food and/or Drink", I thought I'd enter these cards into the challenge.  What is more refreshing for the summer than a glass of ice cold lemonade and a slice of watermelon?


For the first happy summer card, I used several Memory Box dies - "Summer Lemonade", "Petite Umbrella", and "Cherry Blossom".  I used several different pieces of summer paper from the Lawn Fawn Pink Lemonade petite paper pack to paper piece the lemonade, lemon slice, the umbrella, and the tablecloth.  I used a Martha Stewart punch to add the foliage.  The "Happy Summer" sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's "Happy Summer" stamp set.


The second card also features stamps from Lawn Fawn's "Happy Summer" set.  I absolutely love the watermelon slice and it was lots of fun to colour with my Copic markers.  I used 3 different colours of red (R24, R35, and RV29) and 2 shades of green (YG06 and G07) to achieve the effect I wanted.  The grassy fringe was cut with My Favorite Things' Die-namics "Fresh Cut Grass".   Aren't those little bitty ants adorable!  I particularly like the little guy stealing the slice.  The fun plaid paper is from the Pink Lemonade collection.  I added the green gingham ribbon to finish this summer fun.


Until next time,




2 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Carol, I love how you've used the elements and lovely papers on the first. The second one is just such fun - great colours and papers - I love the little ants marching across the page!!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful of you to do classes for the center!! These are wonderful cards and I bet they enjoyed making them! Thanks for popping by my blog to say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.