Friday 19 July 2013

Summer Card Camp 2

I am having great fun participating in the current Online Card Class, entitled Summer Card Camp 2.  As with the other Online Card Classes, this course is being run by the wonderful and talented Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner.  These ladies are absolutely incredible!  During the course I get all kinds of inspiration from their fabulous ideas, but also many more from the numerous guest instructors.  (Can you tell that I'm a big fan of their classes?)

Today was the fourth day of the second week of classes and Thursdays are "Challenge Days".  Kristina challenged the participants to create a card using this week's colour combination and also to make a non-holiday card with holiday products.  There were several gorgeous examples prepared by Kristina and the guest instructors.  Here is my take on the challenge:


 For this card I used the following colour combination:

In order to create the flowers, I use my Die-namics "Let it Snowflake" set of 3 snowflake dies.  I used my stylus and Pergamano pad to create flower-shaped snowflakes.  I layered each set of three snowflakes to form each flower head.  I hand cut the three stems for the flowers, then stamped and cut out a couple of leaves using a Hero Arts rubber stamp.  I decided that I wanted a watercolour background, which I created using Broken China and Salty Ocean Distress inks and water spritzed on my craft sheet.  I smooshed (is that a real word?) a piece of watercolour paper in the liquid ink, then dried it with my heat tool and dabbed the paper back into the liquid to add some texture and interest.  After the background was dry, I mounted the flowers on the paper.  I mounted the watercolour paper onto a piece of green cardstock to help keep it smooth and then mounted those layers onto a natural white, Neenah cardstock card base.  I stamped a Hero Arts sentiment from the "Everyday Sayings" set using Ranger Archival Sepia Ink.  As a finishing touch, I added a multi-looped bow using narrow chocolate-brown satin ribbon.

I hope to post more cards made for the Summer Card Camp 2 classes in the near future.

Until next time,


2 comments:

  1. What a great use of the "snowflakes". They make beautiful flowers. Love your Huskie as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a clever use of snowflakes, like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.