Wednesday 16 January 2013

Black and White with a Splash

This week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp is to make a black and white card with a splash of colour. Here is my take on this theme:



I stamped the image with Versamark and embossed the scene with black embossing powder. Using Inktense pencils, I painted the birds red and added details of black and orange. To add a bit of sparkle, I covered the snowy area with Rock Candy Distress Stickles. When the image was completely dry, I mounted it on white cardstock and then on metallic black cardstock. I masked off the larger portion of the front of the card with Eclipse tape and stamped the card with one of Lawn Fawn's Interlocking Backdrops close to the fold with Adirondack Jet Black Ink. Finally, I mounted the layered image on the card.

Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That is amazing embossing! Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.