Tuesday 1 May 2012

Madonna

The "Less is More" challenge this week is to use one of the displayed sketches to create a card.





A dear friend of mine was gracious enough to lend one of her stamp sets to me. It is called "Madonna" and is from Chapel Road Artstamps. I just love the stone sculptured look of this image. She seems so very serene. I stamped the image in Russet Archival Ink. I covered the image with wide Crystal Ballz double-sided adhesive, then applied Crystal Ballz glass beads to cover the adhesive. I like to apply a thick layer of the tiny beads and press them into the glue of the adhesive, then dump off the excess. Next I place a piece of paper over the image and use my brayer to flatten the beads to a smooth finish. For those of you who have not used Crystal Ballz, these tiny transparent glass balls give the appearance of delicately frosted glass to the image underneath. After trimming the finished piece, I created a small black frame to cover the beautiful Madonna image. I added a rectangle of rust coloured card stock under the image and popped up the frame. I cut a decorative edge to the card with my Purple Cow Mouse and inked it with the same Russet ink that I used to stamp the image. The sentiment is also from the Madonna set of stamps. My final touch was a tiny bow made from Scrapper's Floss that I coloured with my E08 Copic Marker to match the ink used elsewhere on the card.



Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card that image is stunning.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card but my attention was taken by your absolutely gorgeous/handsome dog.........one brown and one blue eye...... oh, to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely image Carol... super card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card looks fabulous Carol - I'd have really liked a close up so that I could see what you mean about the glass beads! I love your header photo of you and your absolutely stunning husky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely CAS card, fab sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.