Tuesday 11 October 2011

Sparkle and Bling

Birthday cards are just so much fun to make. Almost anything goes! I always keep a few cards on hand that can be given to almost anyone. I also just love to design cards to suit the person to whom I'm going to be giving the card. Here are a couple of cards that I designed for my sister-in-law's birthday. The cupcake card was made with Stampin' Up stamps and their cupcake punch. To add lots of texture to the icing on the cupcake I used some Perfect Puff and sprinkled it with Glamour Dust. I also used Glossy Accents on the candle and the cherry on top. I think this card fits this week's Sparkle and Bling challenge at Simon Says Stamp perfectly. I really love a little bit of glitter - it just punches up the whole card!


My sister-in-law just loves cats, so I made her another card with lots of kitties! I used Stamping Bella stamps for this one. It was great fun to colour and cut the multiple layers to create a dimensional effect. I used coloured pencils and odourless mineral spirits to achieve the watercolour look. This is definitely one of my favourite techniques.


Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards! I love the adorable coloring on the cats (I'm a crazy cat lady myself... hehe) and the bling on the cupcake is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    P.S. Make sure you link to the direct post (the code at the top after you click on the post title from your main page) when you add your blog to a linky gadget. It makes finding the challenge post a lot easier. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.